Wednesday, November 11, 2015

What 3 Things Would You Never Buy Online?

With the topic of web commerce being introduced and how a majority of people use it a question came up asking what we would not buy online. Here's my top 3:

1). Food. I would not buy this because you are unable to check the item to determine whether it is in good condition or not. If someone were to order food online it would need to function in the same respect as take-out or delivery or else the food would not last long.

2). Clothing. Though I do not have never done this before I always think of the scenario where I order clothing online and nothing is the proper size because I'm ordering from a company or even a country that uses a different size system for clothing.

3). Electronics. By electronics I do not mean video games, I mean things like televisions, gaming systems, appliances, etc., the reason for this is not because I feel like I might get ripped off or receive a "bootleg" product. I am afraid that what I ordered will get damaged in transit to its destination(s). This category is kind of hypocritical because with some of the electronics I buy it is fair to ask "how did they get to the store in the first place?" which the response would most likely be a form of transit whether it be by plane, car, or van.

4). A functioning human liver. First of all, don't judge. Second due to the common 5-7 business days it would take to ship anything it would most likely expire by the time it arrived making it unable to be "used" or perhaps consumed for nourishment. And don't get me started on the questions people ask once you obtain such a thing, asking stuff like "Why do you have a liver," and "Give me back my liver," and the most common "I'm calling the cops you freak."

No comments:

Post a Comment